The Organisation’s aim is to establish the essential unity of all faiths and to propagate, through example and practice, the principles of Truth, Righteousness, Peace, Love and Non-violence. The Sathya Sai Organisation thus seeks to help “awaken in man, the awareness of the Divinity inherent in him”.
- To help the individual –
- To be aware of the Divinity that is inherent in him and to conduct himself accordingly;
- To translate into practice in daily life, divine love and perfection; and therefore;
- To fill one’s life with joy, harmony, beauty, grace, human excellence and lasting happiness;
- To ensure that all human relations are governed by the principles of Sathya (Truth), Dharma (Right Conduct), Shanthi (Peace), Prema (Love) and Ahimsa (Non-violence).
- To make devotees more sincere and dedicated in the practice of their respective religions by understanding properly the true spirit of their religion.
How are the objectives attained
The above-mentioned objectives are attained in the following manner:
- By observing the four principles laid down by Sri Sathya Sai Baba, namely:
- There is only One religion, the religion of Love
- There is only One caste, the caste of humanity
- There is only One language, the language of the Heart
- There is only One God, He is omnipresent.
- By constant remembrance of God and looking upon all creation as a manifestation of Divinity in different forms and shapes;
- By underlining the essential unity of all religions and securing proper understanding of all religions as being based on Love;
- By looking upon all work as service dedicated to the Divine;
- By bringing to bear upon all life’s problems, attitudes flowing from Divine Love, such as, understanding, compassion, tolerance, helpfulness, etc.
- By basing all actions on Love of Divinity, fear of sin and steadfast observance of morality in society;
- By engaging in spiritual, educational and service activities, both at the individual and community level, in an organized, systematic manner, without expecting any material reward or appreciation, but solely as a means to win God’s Love and Grace.
The purpose of a Sathya Sai Baba Centre is to foster and support the spiritual activities of its members. There are 79 Sai Centres/Groups in the United Kingdom and Ireland. If you wish to find a Centre/Group near you, click here.
Each Centre/Group has a Chairperson and various wings that members contribute to.
Who are its Members
Members are from different ethnic groups, different religions and different spiritual traditions, but come together spiritually for the one cause of serving humanity with the firm faith that: “Service to man is service to God”. Members are able to pursue their own individual pathways, as acceptance of each other’s beliefs is practised.
The Organisation provides a forum and a training ground where members practice Sathya Sai Baba’s teachings and message of Love with special emphasis on service to others.
What are its Activities
Activities of the Organisation include study of the teachings of Sri Sathya Sai Baba and the sacred literature of all religions, group devotional singing, chanting, spiritual meditation, dynamic Value Parenting programs and Education in Human Values programs for young children and youth.
National and Regional Conferences/celebrations take place during the year for all members to participate in.
When you become involved in the Organisation it is hoped that you will spiritually grow by participating in the Centre/Group educational, spiritual and service activities and following the spiritual code of conduct.
Examples of service activities include organising blood donation campaigns, walk-in health clinics providing free health checks, visiting hospitals and old people’s homes, hosting outings for the elderly, staging entertainment programmes in day centres, supporting medical camps abroad, feeding the homeless and running community based Human Values Clubs.